Lake McGregor is a clean, clear 29 Kilometers long warm water lake fed at its northern end by the Bow River. Ideal for swimming, fishing, boating, water skiing and wake boarding in summer and Ice fishing and skating in the winter. The lake is always uncrowded.
Perched high over the South end of the lake, Lake McGregor Country Estates is a year round, architecturally planned, gated resort community situated only 90 minutes southeast of Calgary, with its own water and sewage treatment plants and onsite manager and caretaker.
This is a place where our children can play without worry, neighbours can visit and share special moments, and everyone slows the pace down a little in order to appreciate life's simple pleasures. Just a 90 minute drive from Calgary and 60 minutes from Lethbridge means that you don't have to plan a trip to the cottage. You don't lose a couple of days getting there and back! You leave after work/school Friday evening, have supper when you arrive and spend the rest of the evening on the lake boating, swimming or fishing, or in the community centre pools. You can literally enjoy every moment of the weekend!
As owners we enjoy full access to the 13,000 sq.ft. residents club, indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub, sauna and private marina. Other amenities include: tennis court, volley ball court, basketball court, baseball diamond and secure, year-round storage of our boats and personal watercraft.
The nearby town of Vulcan is handy for services and amenities such as restaurants, entertainment, grocery and supply shopping, 18-hole golf course and hospital medical services.
Covid-19 Pandemic, Alberta’s relaunch strategy and how it applies, primarily the outdoor rec spaces, within the community, including the campground.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING - There is a publicly enforceable regulation that currently applies throughout the province and to the resort. There can not be gatherings of more than 15 people and any gathering (even 15 or less) it is mandated that everyone, not residing in the same household, must be 2m or 6ft apart indoors and outdoors. This is subject to $1000.00 fine. Police may be called in to enforce these regulations, especially in terms of parties, loitering or blatant disregard to the intent of physical distancing.
Although the province unexpectantly moved up the relaunch of pools and rec centers to Phase 2, like all communities and facilities, timing to get all components in place including recommissioning equipment, necessary protocol, inspections, water testing, etc is a timely process. Most are still working through the relaunch and have not yet been able to open. Thanks to the staff and the board for working tirelessly to ensure the best interests of the community.
Next stages of relaunch:
Please note, that although additional cleaning protocols have been added, our staff does not have the ability to clean and disinfect between all users and the entire facility is to be ‘USED AT YOUR OWN RISK. It is important that everyone is following the necessary precautions to ensure we are able to keep our community healthy and safe.
- Clubhouse laundry – Now open
- Indoor Pool, Change Rooms & Washrooms – Now open
- Outdoor Pool – Now open
- Gym – Now open
- Rest of the areas of the clubhouse – Remain closed at this time and will begin to open as we work through how the opening of the initial phases begin.
It is extremely important that you read through all of the details and instructions on the current (June) newsletter
carefully. The ability for residents to follow the safety protocol, and act responsibility, will play the biggest roll in the facilities to staying open. There will be no warnings given to those not following the rules and failure to comply will result in immediate loss of privileges and if necessary closure to all.
We will keep you updated as we confirm outdoor pool repairs and we get final approval on its opening.
Thank you to the residents who have understood that opening our facilities is MUCH more involved that just about the protocol to make it happen. We appreciate your patience.
Clubhouse & Pools:
- Use of any common property or facilities is at users own risk.
- It is not recommended that persons at higher risk, such as those with underlying health conditions, not attend the beach or outdoor recreational facilities areas
- Following Alberta’s Guidelines gathering restrictions now include more than 15 people are not allowed in one indoor location and no more than 50 people are not allowed in one outdoor location – All gatherings under these limits must occur in a space that allows for mandated physical distancing of at least 2 meters from each other.
- Avoid high-risk activities – don’t shake hands, or share food and utensils.
- Be mindful of all residents in the community and ensure your choices and actions are not putting others at risk.
At this point, we believe that these areas will remain closed until Alberta’s Phase 3 relaunch. We will continue to monitor and working closely with Alberta Health Services to determine if any areas (outdoor pool in particular) will have any allowable and safe usage before that time. The board and the staff also continue to discuss opening areas such as the washrooms, laundry, etc but will only do so if we are able to ensure the safetly of the residents and achievable responsibility requirements of staff. At this point, all areas remain closed until further notice.
Open June 1st.
Other Rec Areas:
Basketball hoops, tennis/pickleball courts, horseshoe pits, baseball diamond, beach volleyball, etc are allowed with personal equipment with members of the same household. Guidance for outdoor recreation can be found at: https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/covid-19-relaunch-guidance-outdoorrecreation.pdf
Open June 1st.
Boat Launch & Docks:
- Max 50 people allowed in main beach area – Different households should maintain 6’ separation and residents should attempt to spread out onto the grass and beach shore areas.
- Bring your own lawn chairs as picnic tables are not available for use at this time.
- Water play spray devices (i.e. water guns are not recommended).
- Children playing in sand and building sand castles is not prohibited, however the risk of COVID-19 transmission in sand is unknown, therefore it is encouraged that persons follow all recommended hand hygiene, not touching eyes, nose, mouth, etc.
- Everyone is encouraged to bring your own hand sanitizer for frequent hand hygiene.
- Floating swim dock will not yet be installed.
- BBQ enclosure, communal fire pit, and playground are closed for the time being – Parents, please ensure ALL family members are aware and adhering to this closure
- Overnight mooring is now allowed IF it follows our normal community rules and residents are on-site within the community when boats are moored.
- Seado or personal watercraft users are asked to use shallower spots closer to the shore, leaving deeper spots for boats.
- NO WAKE ZONE – the area in front of and full surrounding of the beach, launch and dock area is considered a no wake zone. All users need to be respectful of waves within these areas.
- Physical Distancing MUST be adhered to on the docks – Meaning only one family unit on the docks at any time. In order for this area to remain safe for all, please ensure you are giving others adequate space and be patient as others are utilizing the docks for loading and unloading purposes.
In following the Provinces current guidelines, and pending no changes to our current situation within the resort and Covid outbreaks, we will begin to confirm bookings starting June 1st under the following considerations:
- Max 2 campsites per lot be booked at a given time – With limited sites, this will give people a better opportunity to fairly book and decrease the ability for larger groups, parties and joint bookings which would make it harder for staff to control physical distancing within the campground and on resident lots. Residents who have prebooked more than 2 spaces for any given weekend, etc, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with sites they wish to confirm.
- All RV units need to be backed in so no two sites open to the same green space.
- Only members of the same household may stay together in a campsite.
- Although reservations will hold the booking, site will NOT be confirmed until the week before. If any government guidelines or community outbreaks occur, we reserve the right to cancel any and all bookings to ensure the safety of the residents in the resort.
- Staff will sanitize all hook ups and picnic tables after check out – Recommended use of table clothes on picnic tables during stay.
- No overflow bookings at this time.
- No park model bookings at this time will be confirmed.
- Clubhouse including washrooms & laundry will remain closed at this time.
- Current cancelation policy is in place – 20% fee charged to all reservations cancelled before noon 3 days prior to check in. Cancellations made after that time are charged full rate.
The LMCECA Board and Staff will continue to monitor and work with Alberta Health Services as Alberta works through its relaunch plan and we are hopeful that more facilities will be able to open in the future provided we can continue to keep the community safe.
Beach Monitoring Letter 2020 Season.pdf
Help Relaunch Safely.pdf
Operating a Beach Recommendations.pdf