Lake McGregor is a clean, clear 29 Kilometers long warm water lake fed at its northern end by the Bow River. Ideal for swimming, fishing, boating, water skiing and wake boarding in summer and Ice fishing and skating in the winter. The lake is always uncrowded.
Perched high over the South end of the lake, Lake McGregor Country Estates is a year round, architecturally planned, gated resort community situated only 90 minutes southeast of Calgary, with its own water and sewage treatment plants and onsite manager and caretaker.
This is a place where our children can play without worry, neighbours can visit and share special moments, and everyone slows the pace down a little in order to appreciate life's simple pleasures. Just a 90 minute drive from Calgary and 60 minutes from Lethbridge means that you don't have to plan a trip to the cottage. You don't lose a couple of days getting there and back! You leave after work/school Friday evening, have supper when you arrive and spend the rest of the evening on the lake boating, swimming or fishing, or in the community centre pools. You can literally enjoy every moment of the weekend!
As owners we enjoy full access to the 13,000 sq.ft. residents club, indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub, sauna and private marina. Other amenities include: tennis court, volley ball court, basketball court, baseball diamond and secure, year-round storage of our boats and personal watercraft.
The nearby town of Vulcan is handy for services and amenities such as restaurants, entertainment, grocery and supply shopping, 18-hole golf course and hospital medical services.
Covid-19 Pandemic, Alberta’s relaunch strategy and how it applies, primarily the outdoor rec spaces, within the community, including the campground.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING - There is a publicly enforceable regulation that currently applies throughout the province and to the resort. There can not be gatherings of more than 15 people and any gathering (even 15 or less) it is mandated that everyone, not residing in the same household, must be 2m or 6ft apart indoors and outdoors. This is subject to $1000.00 fine. Police may be called in to enforce these regulations, especially in terms of parties, loitering or blatant disregard to the intent of physical distancing.
After going back and forth with AHS and their newest ‘Path Forward’ program, we are happy to announce that we will be re-opening the indoor pool and gym (with restrictions) as of tomorrow, Feb 22. It is important for all residents to understand that in order for the inspector to allow the facilities to remain open, we must all stay diligent in following the required guidelines.
Facilities Reopening – February 22nd, 2021
- Masks are legally required unless showering, working out or swimming
- Please sanitize your hands upon entrance and exit of the facilities
- Stay 2 meters apart from others – be cautious that there are not others in the change room hallway before entering the facility
- Health Screening forms are no longer required however, if you are sick or are under any requirement to isolate (as outlined on www.alberta.ca), do not enter the facility
WASHROOMS & SHOWERS:
- Still available using door code 1616 – Please do not give the door code out unnecessarily
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- CLOSED TO ALL for cleaning – Mon – Fri 8:30 am – 11:00 am & Sat & Sun – 7:30 am – 10:00 am
- Only one individual or household in the washroom area or shower area
- Priority is given to those who have signed up for a pool or gym spot first - try to announce your presence before entering a room to ensure it is clear
- Please be as quick as possible with your time in the washrooms or showers
INDOOR POOL & GYM USAGE:
- Reservation sheets will be posted each day at 9:30 am – located outside under the roof by the youth lounge – in extreme weather, the sign up will be inside the door to the locker rooms
- A household (Max 6) can book a pool or gym spot once per day
- Children & Teens under 18 cannot enter the facilities without adult supervision
- Pool & Gym users must be showered and OUT OF THE BUILDING before the end of their time slot – This is more important now with more staff cleaning requirements between time slots
- Abuse of the system, not giving others a fair opportunity of access, failure to cancel a reservation in a timely manner or not abiding by any of the pool rules will result in loss of privileges
**INDOOR POOL & GYM HOURS – Effective Feb 22, 2021:
- Mon – Thurs: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm (3 x 1-1/2 hr slots)
- Friday: 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm (6 x 1 hr slots)
- Saturday: 10:30 am – 8:15 pm (8 x 1 hr slots)
- Sunday: 10:30 am – 4:30 pm (5 x 1 hr slots)
** Please note that opening times are subject to maintenance, water chemistry and other resort priorities/emergencies. In order for our limited staff to manage the necessary requirements from the inspector, we have modified the indoor pool and gym hours to maximize usage during busier days.
We thank everyone for their patience as we continue to navigate through these uncertain times. We anticipate further changes being announced soon and will continue to work closely with AHS as the restrictions ease (fingers crossed).
Open June 1st.
Other Rec Areas:
Basketball hoops, tennis/pickleball courts, horseshoe pits, baseball diamond, beach volleyball, etc are allowed with personal equipment with members of the same household. Guidance for outdoor recreation can be found at: https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/covid-19-relaunch-guidance-outdoorrecreation.pdf
Open June 1st.
Boat Launch & Docks:
- Max 50 people allowed in main beach area – Different households should maintain 6’ separation and residents should attempt to spread out onto the grass and beach shore areas.
- Bring your own lawn chairs as picnic tables are not available for use at this time.
- Water play spray devices (i.e. water guns are not recommended).
- Children playing in sand and building sand castles is not prohibited, however the risk of COVID-19 transmission in sand is unknown, therefore it is encouraged that persons follow all recommended hand hygiene, not touching eyes, nose, mouth, etc.
- Everyone is encouraged to bring your own hand sanitizer for frequent hand hygiene.
- Floating swim dock will not yet be installed.
- BBQ enclosure, communal fire pit, and playground are closed for the time being – Parents, please ensure ALL family members are aware and adhering to this closure
- Overnight mooring is now allowed IF it follows our normal community rules and residents are on-site within the community when boats are moored.
- Seado or personal watercraft users are asked to use shallower spots closer to the shore, leaving deeper spots for boats.
- NO WAKE ZONE – the area in front of and full surrounding of the beach, launch and dock area is considered a no wake zone. All users need to be respectful of waves within these areas.
- Physical Distancing MUST be adhered to on the docks – Meaning only one family unit on the docks at any time. In order for this area to remain safe for all, please ensure you are giving others adequate space and be patient as others are utilizing the docks for loading and unloading purposes.
In following the Provinces current guidelines, and pending no changes to our current situation within the resort and Covid outbreaks, we will begin to confirm bookings starting June 1st under the following considerations:
- Max 2 campsites per lot be booked at a given time – With limited sites, this will give people a better opportunity to fairly book and decrease the ability for larger groups, parties and joint bookings which would make it harder for staff to control physical distancing within the campground and on resident lots. Residents who have prebooked more than 2 spaces for any given weekend, etc, please email email@example.com with sites they wish to confirm.
- All RV units need to be backed in so no two sites open to the same green space.
- Only members of the same household may stay together in a campsite.
- Although reservations will hold the booking, site will NOT be confirmed until the week before. If any government guidelines or community outbreaks occur, we reserve the right to cancel any and all bookings to ensure the safety of the residents in the resort.
- Staff will sanitize all hook ups and picnic tables after check out – Recommended use of table clothes on picnic tables during stay.
- No overflow bookings at this time.
- No park model bookings at this time will be confirmed.
- Clubhouse including washrooms & laundry will remain closed at this time.
- Current cancelation policy is in place – 20% fee charged to all reservations cancelled before noon 3 days prior to check in. Cancellations made after that time are charged full rate.
The LMCECA Board and Staff will continue to monitor and work with Alberta Health Services as Alberta works through its relaunch plan and we are hopeful that more facilities will be able to open in the future provided we can continue to keep the community safe.
Beach Monitoring Letter 2020 Season.pdf
Help Relaunch Safely.pdf
Operating a Beach Recommendations.pdf