Lake McGregor is a clean, clear 29 Kilometers long warm water lake fed at its northern end by the Bow River. Ideal for swimming, fishing, boating, water skiing and wake boarding in summer and Ice fishing and skating in the winter. The lake is always uncrowded.
Perched high over the South end of the lake, Lake McGregor Country Estates is a year round, architecturally planned, gated resort community situated only 90 minutes southeast of Calgary, with its own water and sewage treatment plants and onsite manager and caretaker.
This is a place where our children can play without worry, neighbours can visit and share special moments, and everyone slows the pace down a little in order to appreciate life's simple pleasures. Just a 90 minute drive from Calgary and 60 minutes from Lethbridge means that you don't have to plan a trip to the cottage. You don't lose a couple of days getting there and back! You leave after work/school Friday evening, have supper when you arrive and spend the rest of the evening on the lake boating, swimming or fishing, or in the community centre pools. You can literally enjoy every moment of the weekend!
As owners we enjoy full access to the 13,000 sq.ft. residents club, indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub, sauna and private marina. Other amenities include: tennis court, volley ball court, basketball court, baseball diamond and secure, year-round storage of our boats and personal watercraft.
The nearby town of Vulcan is handy for services and amenities such as restaurants, entertainment, grocery and supply shopping, 18-hole golf course and hospital medical services.
Clubhouse, Gym, Indoor Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna & Lounges - CLOSED
We know everyone is anxious for full use of the facilities to open within the community. The board is currently required to adhere to allregulations and government requirements to ensure the safety of all residents.
As the facilities re-open, all residents need to respect this communal space will only be available if residents are responsible and take the necessary rules and recommendations seriously.
Failure tofollow the rules will result in individual loss of privilege to the facilities and, if necessary, closure of the facility to all.
Anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, had close contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or has travelled outside Canada inthe last 14 days cannot enter the facility and MUST isolate at home.
Thank you for your understanding and diligence in this matter.
LMCECA Staff & Board.
Outdoor Pool - TBC (May/June 2021)
- Facility information will be released as government guidelines are confirmed for re-opening.
Washrooms & Showers – Open (Limited Use Only)
- More information to be released pending completion of water sample tests and provincial COVID 19 regulations.
Laundry Room – Open
- All existing AHS Pool Rules Apply
- All residents are required to sign in/out with every use.
- Washroom & Changerooms are restricted to one household at a time
- Residents are encouraged to come and leave in their swimsuits and shower and change at their residence.
All persons using the outdoor facilities are asked to return to their residence to use washrooms.
- Weekly Sign Up Schedule will be posted on Sundays for the following week
- Under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Residents can sign up for Maximum 3 consecutive x 1 hour time slots at a time.
- Max 1 household per time slot to maintain proper distancing
- Staff will wipe down and sanitize once per day
- Disinfectant will be available and it is the responsibility of the residents to wipe down all touched surfaces after each use
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided but residents are encouraged to bring their own and use prior to and after using the facility.
- Masks and Disposable Gloves are recommended and facility is to be used at residents own risk
Other Rec Areas:
- Use of the facilities is at your own risk
- Personal hand washing and sanitizer are the responsibility of the parents
- Basketball hoops, tennis/pickleball courts, horseshoe pits, baseball diamond, beach volleyball, etc are open with personalequipment with members of the same household.
- Minimum 2m of social distancing between members of different households.
BBQ enclosure, communal fire pit - closed
- Different households should maintain 6’ separation and residents should attempt to spread out onto the grass and beach shoreareas
- Everyone is encouraged to bring your own hand sanitizer for frequent hand hygiene.
Boat Launch & Docks:
- Parents, please ensure ALL family members are aware and adhering to this closure
- Physical Distancing MUST be adhered to on the docks
- Please ensure you are giving others adequate space and be patient as others are utilizing the docks
The LMCECA Board and Staff will continue to monitor and work with Alberta Health Services as Alberta works through its relaunch plan and we are hopeful that more facilities will be able to open in the future provided we can continue to keep the community safe.
Beach Monitoring Letter 2020 Season.pdf
Help Relaunch Safely.pdf
Operating a Beach Recommendations.pdf