DATE: May 10, 2021:
We know everyone is anxious for full use of the facilities to open within the community. The board is currently required to adhere to allregulations and government requirements to ensure the safety of all residents.
As the facilities re-open, all residents need to respect this communal space will only be available if residents are responsible and take the necessary rules and recommendations seriously.
Failure tofollow the rules will result in individual loss of privilege to the facilities and, if necessary, closure of the facility to all.
Anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, had close contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or has travelled outside Canada inthe last 14 days cannot enter the facility and MUST isolate at home.
Thank you for your understanding and diligence in this matter.
LMCECA Staff & Board.
Clubhouse, Gym, Indoor Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna & Lounges - CLOSED
Outdoor Pool - OPEN
- Facility information will be released as government guidelines are confirmed for re-opening.
Washrooms & Showers – Open (Limited Use Only)
- Do not enter the pool or facilities if you are feeling unwell!
Use of the pool is by booking/sign up only, sheets will be put out by the Youth lounge entrance every morning at 9:00 AM. Please note factors like water chemistry, thunderstorms or maintenance might delay the opening or create a closure on any given day. The pre-booking of only 1 time slot is allowed per day. Please check the pre-booking box on the sign up sheet. Walk-ins are allowed to sign in, if there is space in a time slot. Also if there is space in the following time slot, 15 minutes prior, a household can sign in again and continue using the pool for one more time slot. Please scratch off your name as soon as possible if cancelling and a pre-booking is forfeit if, no one shows up 10 minutes after a time slot begins. We will be using the sign up form for contact tracing, if necessary, so please fill out name and lake address correctly.
The mandate from AHS is 2 metre distancing between households. It is for this reason every time slot has a maximum of 15 people within the pool fence. This number allows for safe distancing between different households.
Please show up for your time slot in your bathing suits ready to swim. If putting on sunscreen, please apply waterproof sunscreen at home well before your time slot. Lockers remain closed at this point and we are asking residents and guests to use the indoor washrooms as little as possible (emergency bathroom use for pool users only please). Indoor washrooms require masks to be worn by law and have a separate sign in. Please also watch the time and exit the pool enclosure before your time slot ends.
Only personal flotation devices are allowed. No inflatables are permitted and small pool toys must not interfere with other households or create issues with social distancing.
Please bring your own beach chairs and remove any sand prior to entering the pool area.
Showers are absolutely still required, as are all pool rules, such as no drinks. This includes 2 metre distancing between households. An inspector can and will show up and any time and if they see any break in the rules or lack of social distancing between households, we will be shut down. The responsibility of keeping the pool open collectively rests on all resident’s shoulders.
Outdoor pool time slots will be 9:30 am to 6:30 pm Sunday to Thursday, 9:30 am to 8:30 pm Friday and Saturday. The first 1 hour time slot in the morning is reserved for adult lane swimming. 24 hour use of the indoor washrooms ends May 19th. From then on indoor washrooms will have the same hours as the pool.
Laundry Room – Open
- All existing AHS Pool Rules Apply
- All residents are required to sign in/out with every use.
- Washroom & Changerooms are restricted to one household at a time
- Residents are encouraged to come and leave in their swimsuits and shower and change at their residence.
All persons using the outdoor facilities are asked to return to their residence to use washrooms.
- Weekly Sign Up Schedule will be posted on Sundays for the following week
- Under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Residents can sign up for Maximum 3 consecutive x 1 hour time slots at a time.
- Max 1 household per time slot to maintain proper distancing
- Staff will wipe down and sanitize once per day
- Disinfectant will be available and it is the responsibility of the residents to wipe down all touched surfaces after each use
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided but residents are encouraged to bring their own and use prior to and after using the facility.
- Masks and Disposable Gloves are recommended and facility is to be used at residents own risk
Other Rec Areas:
- Use of the facilities is at your own risk
- Personal hand washing and sanitizer are the responsibility of the parents
- Basketball hoops, tennis/pickleball courts, horseshoe pits, baseball diamond, beach volleyball, etc are open with personalequipment with members of the same household.
- Minimum 2m of social distancing between members of different households.
BBQ enclosure, communal fire pit - closed
- Different households should maintain 6’ separation and residents should attempt to spread out onto the grass and beach shoreareas
- Everyone is encouraged to bring your own hand sanitizer for frequent hand hygiene.
Boat Launch & Docks:
- Parents, please ensure ALL family members are aware and adhering to this closure
- Physical Distancing MUST be adhered to on the docks
- Please ensure you are giving others adequate space and be patient as others are utilizing the docks
The LMCECA Board and Staff will continue to monitor and work with Alberta Health Services as Alberta works through its relaunch plan and we are hopeful that more facilities will be able to open in the future provided we can continue to keep the community safe.
Beach Monitoring Letter 2020 Season.pdf
Help Relauch Safely.pdf
Operating a Beach Recommendations.pdf
If residents know of anything that requires maintenance or fixing that we may have missed, please contact David by email at email@example.com